Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamin Chip



Oooooh this is a good one people! While I was in Indiana visiting my aunt, uncle, and cousins this summer we had this amazing fruit salsa and cinnamin chips. It was so incredibly good! When my family came for 4th of July we decided we would try and make it all. Boy I'm glad we did! It was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Ya'll have to try this one. YUMMO.


Fruit Salsa:

Really you can take any fruit you want. We used strawberries, rasberries, kiwi, and peaches. I took some of the strawberries and put them in my ultimate chopper (kinda like a mini food processor) and chopped them till they became liquidfied. This was the start of the base for the salsa. Then my wonderful sister chopped some strawberries, rasberries, kiwi, and peaches into bite size tiny little pieces. Stir it all together. We added some splenda and light brown sugar. It was incredible!


Cinnamin Chips:

We bought some flour tortillas, cut them into 6 pieces. Lay them out over your cookie sheet. Put cinnamin and sugar into a shaker. I would use 3 part sugar to 1 part cinnamin. Melt some butter and then baste, heavily, each piece. Shake on, heavily, the cinnamin and sugar. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Take out of oven and then flip chips over with a fork. Baste the 2nd side with butter and shake on cinnamin and sugar again. Bake for another 6-8 minutes. Let cool on a plate.
This is a picture of my family enjoying our fruit salsa and playing chicken foot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could go for some of that salsa right now...and a game of Chicken Foot! It was so fun...thanks for having us out there!!!! Love ya!