Saturday, July 12, 2008

4th Of July Weekend


Well we had my wonderful family at our place for 4th of July. And if my family knows how to do something...it's EAT GOOD FOOD! :-) I have no particular great recipe in this post, but the meal was so yummy and "pretty" I just had to post a picture. It was great! Great food, great conversation, great memories! LOVE YOU FAMILY! (missed you bobby!)


Steak: We generally always use the same marinade for our steaks. This particular steak is a ribeye...which is what I usually buy as they are nice and tender. We marinade them in Worcestershire Sauce, Cavender's, Salt, Pepper, and minced garlic (or garlic powder). I have no measurements we just eyeball it. Rub the steaks with all these ingrediants and let sit in marinade for atleast 4 hours for best results. Grill and ENJOY! (We've tried other marinades, but always go back to this one)

Grilled Veggies: We just chopped up some of our favorite veggies, coated them in olive oil, salt, and pepper and threw them on the grill in a grill pan. Delish!

Sweet Potatoe Hash: I love this one. It's a great alternative to mashed potatoes. Much healthier. You just cut your sweet potatoes into bite size pieces. Chop 1 onion into the same size pieces. Heat your skillet, add olive oil. Throw in potatoes and onion. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Here's the twist...add cinnamin and sugar! I'm telling ya it's wonderful! We always have a cinn/sugar shaker so I just shake it over the mixture and pop a lid on the pan; stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft.

Grilled Pineapple: Just threw some pineapple on skewers and grilled. Makes them nice and sweet.

No comments: