Saturday, July 12, 2008

Melt In Your Mouth Meatloaf


This is a recipe I got from good ole Paula Deen. I just adore Paula and love her recipes. For Christmas my Mom gave me a cookbook called "The Lady & Sons; Savannah Country Cookbook." It's got just a TON of delicious Paula recipes. I love it. I had seen Paula make this meatloaf on her show back when we had cable. And it's in this wonderful cookbook. (I usually cut this recipe in half when making it for Brian, Olivia, and I.


Cheeseburger Meatloaf

2 lbs ground beef (I, of course use the lean stuff)

2 tsp House Seasoning (Paula's "house seasoning" is made up of 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper, and 1/4 cup garlic powder. Mix well and store in shaker. OR you just just throw in a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder which is what I do. :-) )

1 medium onion, chopped

1 medium green bell pepper, chopped

1 cup grated Chedcar cheese

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

1 cup sour cream

1 cup crushed crackers (I use wheat or multigrain)

1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt (off brand is fine)


Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all ingredients except bread slices well. Shape into loaf. Place loaf in meatloaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Let set 5 minutes before slicing.


It's soooooo yummy. This is a great recipe to take to people who are in need of a meal. So yummy. Makes GREAT leftovers too. Enjoy.

No comments: