Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts

Well, obviously, I haven't kept up with my recipe blog. A little after my last post I found out I was pregnant. A huge praise in my life. I got really sick during this pregnancy and pretty much stopped cooking really good meals. I'm just now getting back into the swing of things and thought it was time to use my blog again. Plus my husband and I are starting a diet next week and I plan to do some yummy, healthy meals for us! So I'm hoping to post at least one recipe a week. Sometimes it won't be anything special, but hopefully it will, at least, give you some ideas for cooking for your family.

This recipe is SOOOO GOOD! My sister made it for me and I've made it twice since then. The original recipe calls for chicken, but we made it with Tilapia and it was INCREDIBLE! I think it would also be great with pork chops. It's from the Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine.

Dijon-Crusted Chicken (or tilapia)

1/3 cup dry bread crumbs

1 TBLS grated Parmesan Cheese

1 tsp Italian seasoning

1/2 tsp dried thyme

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each)

2 TBLS Dijon mustard

1 tsp olive oil

1 tsp reduced-fat margarine

Place the first 6 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Brush chicken with mustard; roll in crumb mixture.

In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and margarine over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

LOVE this recipe!! So yummy!!!