Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spicy Broccoli Cheese Soup


This is a wonderful recipe! Great for a cool night!

Spicy Broccoli Cheese Soup

2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (I use 98% FF)
1 small onion
2 TBLS butter
2 10oz boxes of frozen chopped broccoli (prepared)
4 cups whole milk
4 oz pepper-jack cheese
1 to 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese

In a large stock pot saute onion in butter. Add remaining ingrediants. Stir constantly so cheese doesn't burn. Best if you let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stirring often!

I can never find the frozen chopped broccoli...so I just buy regular frozen broccoli...prepare it and chop it myself. Also...if you want to reduce the fat you can use skim milk. After you saute the onion sprinkle some flour into the pot. Stir well. Then add your milk and other ingrediants. Flour will help thicken the soup. For the pepper-jack cheese....I usually buy a package of the pepper-jack slices. I add 4 or 5 depending on how spicy I want it.

DELISH!

No comments: