Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Friday Night Chili


I got this recipe from a dear friend, Nicole Kinzler. I had tried many chili recipes and never found one that I just LOVED. But I LOVE this! Make it! All winter long!

Friday Night Chili
2lbs ground beef
2 large onions, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 (16oz) cans kidney beans, undrained
1 (16oz) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 TBLS chili powder
2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground red pepper

Cook meat, onions, and garlic in large saucepan. Add all other ingrediants and let it simmer for an hour.
*You can cut this recipe in half OR make the whole thing and freeze extra! Makes great leftovers too! And I just found out tonight...venison is great in it too! :-)

No comments: