Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Mamma's Banana Bread


I LOVE banana bread! My Mom made it all the time growing up and I seriously think I could eat a whole loaf if I let myself. :-) I learned SO MUCH of my cooking and baking skills from my wonderful mother! Thank you Mom! Today my sweet daughter helped me make this bread.

This recipe is just a standard banana bread recipe that my Grandmother used to make, but it's OH SO GOOD! Go bake some, add some butter, and enjoy.


Banana Bread


4 TBLS margarine, softened

1 Cup sugar

2 eggs

3 large, ripe bananas

2 Cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 Tbls water

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


Cream Marg. and sugar. Add eggs and bananas. Add remaining ingrediants and mix thoroughly. Pour into sprayed loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. (time may vary due to oven differences)

No comments: